Designing Toys Year 1 Unit Plan and Activities
Help your students learn how to design solutions to problems using models and drawings with this unit plan and activity bundle. Bring your design and technology lessons to life as the unit plan walks you through everything you need to thoroughly cover the AC9TDE2K01, AC9TDE2K02, AC9TDE2K03, AC9TDE2K04, AC9TDE2P01, AC9TDE2P02, AC9TDE2P03 and AC9TDE2P04 elements of the Australian Year 1 Design and Technology curriculum (version 9.0). Fun for students, easy for you to implement and an irresistible way to help your students learn the design process by creating their own toy.
The Complete Year 1 Designing Toys Design Technology Unit
– Identify how familiar products, services and environments are designed and produced by people to meet personal or local community needs and sustainability. AC9TDE2K01
The content and activities covered in this unit includes:
Your purchase includes:
– Unit Plan – including 10 detailed lessons
– Assessment Rubric
– Activity Bundle – this activity bundle includes a variety of activities including activity sheets, hands-on activities and suggested assessment activity
– Supporting Powerpoint – to be used to guide your teaching and support your student’s learning.
If you liked the look of this resource, you may also like these:
— Complete Australian Curriculum Year 1/2 Health Unit Bundle
– Complete Australian Curriculum Year 1 HASS Unit Bundle
– Complete Australian Curriculum Year 1 Science Unit Bundle
Can I share this resource with my teaching partner?
No. This product is for personal use only. Multiple licences are available for use among more than one person.
On what size paper is this resource best printed?
This resource is designed to be printed on A4 sized paper. To fit other paper sizes, ensure you hit ‘fit to page’ before printing.
Thank you so much,
This unit plan is a guide only. Teachers should use discretion when implementing. some questions have been provided to help guide students thinking but more specific questions should be added to develop conversation and deeper learning. Students should be encouraged to ask questions themselves as well.
Please note: internet and YouTube access are required to follow the unit plan.
This is a digital product only. It will be sent to you by email to download once payment has been processed.