Foundation Writing Sentences Unit Plan and Activities
Help your students understand the fundamentals of writing a sentence with this unit plan and activity bundle. Bring your writing lessons to life as the unit plan walks you through everything you need to thoroughly cover the AC9EFLA06, AC9EFLA09, AC9EFLE02, AC9EFLY08, AC9EFLY12, AC9EFLY13, AC9EFLY14, AC9EFLY15 elements of the Australian Foundation English curriculum (version 9.0). Fun for students, easy for you to implement and an irresistible way for students to learn about the building blocks of sentence writing!
The Complete Foundation Writing Sentences Unit
Bring the fun back into learning about fairy tales as you guide your students through the following Australian Curriculum (version 9.0) Foundation English content descriptors:
– Recognise that sentences are made up of groups of words that work together in particular ways to make meaning AC9EFLA06
– Identify punctuation as a feature of written text different from letters; recognise that capital letters are used for names, and that capital letters also signal the beginning of sentences while punctuation marks signal the end AC9EFLA09
– Respond to stories and share feelings and thoughts about their events and characters AC9EFLE02
– Form most lower-case and upper-case letters using learnt letter formations AC9EFLY08
– Write consonant–vowel–consonant (CVC) words by representing sounds with the appropriate letters, and blend sounds associated with letters when reading CVC words AC9EFLY12
– Use knowledge of letters and sounds to spell words AC9EFLY13
– Read and write some high-frequency words and other familiar words AC9EFLY14
– Understand that words are units of meaning and can be made of more than one meaningful part AC9EFLY15
The content covered in this unit includes:
– Letters vs Words vs Sentences
– Capital letters
– Sentence Structure
– Sentence or Fragment
Your purchase includes:
– Unit Plan – this unit follows a scaffolded literacy approach where by rich texts are used to model writing skills. Some internet links are provided in some lessons to support the lesson content. In particular, links to the suggested literature (being read out loud) in the unit have been included, in case you don’t have access to a hard copy of the book. Internet connection will be required for these lessons.
– Assessment Rubric
– Activity Bundle – this activity bundle includes a variety of activities including activity sheets, hands-on activities, posters and a suggested assessment activity.
If you liked the look of this resource, you may also like these:
— Complete Australian Curriculum Year 1/2 Health Unit Bundle
– Complete Australian Curriculum Year 2 HASS Unit Bundle
– Complete Australian Curriculum Year 2 Science Unit Bundle
How many lessons are included in this unit?
There are 40 lessons in this unit. It is anticipated that each lesson would go for about 30 – 45 mins. It is also anticipated that time would be allowed for four small lessons per week.
Can I share this resource with my teaching partner?
No. This product is for personal use only. Multiple licences are available for use among more than one person.
On what size paper is this resource best printed?
This resource is designed to be printed on A4 sized paper. To fit other paper sizes, ensure you hit ‘fit to page’ before printing.
Thank you so much,
This unit plan is a guide only. Teachers should use discretion when implementing. some questions have been provided to help guide students thinking but more specific questions should be added to develop conversation and deeper learning. Students should be encouraged to ask questions themselves as well.
Please note: internet and YouTube access are required to follow the unit plan.
This is a digital product only. It will be sent to you by email to download once payment has been processed.