Help your students explore a variety of different collage techniques with this completely done for you unit plan and activity bundle. Bring visual arts to life as the unit plan walks you through everything you need to thoroughly cover all elements of the Australian Foundation Visual Arts curriculum (version 9.0). Fun for students, easy for you to implement and an irresistible way for students to learn and apply visual arts skills.
This unit is designed to compliment our Health Unit: Introducing Me!
Bring the fun back into Visual Arts as you guide your students through the following Australian Curriculum Foundation Visual Arts content descriptors:
– Explore how and why the arts are important for people and communities (AC9AVAFE01)
– Use play, imagination, arts knowledge, processes and/or skills to discover possibilities and develop ideas (AC9AVAFD01)
– Creates arts works that communicate ideas (AC9AVAFC01)
– Share their arts works with audiences (AC9AVAFP01)
The content and activities covered in this unit includes:
– Exploring Colours and Textures
– Natural Materials
– Artist Study – Tony Albert
– Abstract Collage
– Found Object Assemblage
– Assessment – Students create their own collage all about themselves using techniques explored throughout the unit
Your purchase includes:
✔ Unit plans
✔ Teacher Notes – to help you direct students in completing their artworks
✔ Artwork Timelapses – these videos will save you creating demo pieces. Use the videos to demonstrate to your students how each artwork is to be completed
✔ Activity Sheets – required for some of the art pieces and activities in the unit
✔ Assessment Rubric
✔ Elements of Art Classroom Posters
✔ Student reflection and peer reflection sheets
Is there a rubric included in this resource?
How long should it take to complete this unit?
This Unit is designed to be implemented over 10 weeks (a typical Australian school term). Time has been allowed for an hour lesson each week.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,
While careful consideration has been made in the design of this Unit Plan it is a guide only. Teachers should use their own discretion when implementing. Some questions have been given to help guide student thinking but more specific questions should be added to develop conversation and deeper learning. Students should be encouraged to ask questions themselves as well.