Location Maths Unit Plan and Activities
Help your students understand how to discuss positioning and location with this unit plan and activity bundle. Bring your maths lessons to life as the unit plan walks you through everything you need to thoroughly cover the AC9MFSP02 element of the Australian Foundation Maths curriculum (version 9.0). Fun for students, easy for you to implement and an irresistible way to help budding mathematicians describe themselves and objects in relation to others in spaces!
The Complete Foundation Location Maths Unit
Bring the fun back into learning about location as you guide your students through the following Australian Curriculum (version 9.0) Foundation level Maths content descriptors:
– Describe the position and location of themselves and objects in relation to other people and objects within a familiar space AC9MFSP02
The content covered in this unit includes:
– Position and Location
– Inside, Outside, Near and Far Descriptions
– Positional Language
– Location Descriptions
– Describing Location
– Left and Right
Your purchase includes:
– Unit Plan – including 15 detailed lessons intended to be taught over three weeks, including suggested rotation activities and options for extension or alternatives for home education contexts.
– Assessment Rubric
– Activity Bundle – this activity bundle includes a variety of activities including activity sheets, hands-on activities, posters and two suggested assessment activities.
– Supporting Powerpoint – to be used to guide your teaching and support your student’s learning.
If you liked the look of this resource, you may also like these:
— Complete Australian Curriculum Foundation Health Unit Bundle
– Complete Australian Curriculum Foundation HASS Unit Bundle
– Complete Australian Curriculum Foundation Science Unit Bundle
Can I share this resource with my teaching partner?
No. This product is for personal use only. Multiple licences are available for use among more than one person.
On what size paper is this resource best printed?
This resource is designed to be printed on A4 sized paper. To fit other paper sizes, ensure you hit ‘fit to page’ before printing.
Thank you so much,
This unit plan is a guide only. Teachers should use discretion when implementing. some questions have been provided to help guide students thinking but more specific questions should be added to develop conversation and deeper learning. Students should be encouraged to ask questions themselves as well.
Please note: internet and YouTube access are required to follow the unit plan.
This is a digital product only. It will be sent to you by email to download once payment has been processed.