Design and Technology Unit Plan and Activities
Help your students explore how to come up with design solutions with this unit plan and activity bundle. Bring your design and technology lessons to life as the unit plan walks you through everything you need to thoroughly cover the AC9TDEFK01, AC9TDEFP01 elements of the Australian Foundation Design and Technology curriculum (version 9.0). Fun for students, easy for you to implement and an irresistible way to help your students learn how to solve problems with a designed solution.
The Complete Foundation Design and Technology Unit
Bring the fun back into learning about designing solutions as you guide your students through the following Australian Curriculum (version 9.0) Foundation Design and Technology content descriptors:
– Explore how familiar products, services and environments are designed by people AC9TDEFK01
– Generate, communicate and evaluate design ideas, and use materials, equipment and steps to safely make a solution for a purpose AC9TDEFP01
The content covered in this unit includes:
– Playgrounds and their purpose
– Playground materials
– Materials and their properties
– Problem #1 – The problem with the sandpit – students practice implementing the design process to solve the problem
– Assessment Problem #2 – The playground without shade – students implement what they have learnt about the design process and materials to come up with a designed solution.
Your purchase includes:
– Unit Plan – including 10 detailed lessons
– Assessment Rubric
– Activity Bundle – this activity bundle includes a variety of activities including activity sheets, hands-on activities, posters and suggested assessment activity.
– Supporting Powerpoint – to be used to guide your teaching and support your student’s learning.
If you liked the look of this resource, you may also like these:
— Complete Australian Curriculum Foundation Health Unit Bundle
– Complete Australian Curriculum Foundation HASS Unit Bundle
– Complete Australian Curriculum Foundation Science Unit Bundle
Can I share this resource with my teaching partner?
No. This product is for personal use only. Multiple licences are available for use among more than one person.
On what size paper is this resource best printed?
This resource is designed to be printed on A4 sized paper. To fit other paper sizes, ensure you hit ‘fit to page’ before printing.
Thank you so much,
This unit plan is a guide only. Teachers should use discretion when implementing. some questions have been provided to help guide students thinking but more specific questions should be added to develop conversation and deeper learning. Students should be encouraged to ask questions themselves as well.
Please note: internet and YouTube access are required to follow the unit plan.
This is a digital product only. It will be sent to you by email to download once payment has been processed.