Teaching to the Year 3 Australian HASS Curriculum does not need to be stressful! By immersing your students in the lapbook activities included in this resource, they will gain a greater understanding and appreciation for the various celebrations and commemorations held in Australia.
This Lapbook compliments the following Year 3 Australian HASS Curriculum content descriptors:
– The representation of Australia as states and territories and as Countries/Places of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples; and major places in Australia, both natural and human (ACHASSK066)
– Days and weeks celebrated or commemorated in Australia (including Australia Day, Anzac Day, and National Sorry Day) and the importance of symbols and emblems (ACHASSK064)
✬ Mabo Day
✬ National Sorry Day
✬ Australia Day
✬ ANZAC Day
✬ National Reconciliation Week
✬ NAIDOC Week
Included in this Lapbook:
– Individual Flipbooks for each celebration. These Flipbooks explore the who, what, when and why of each celebration.
– WHERE brainstorm sheet – as students explore each celebration, they brainstorm where each celebration is held around Australia.
– My Celebration assessment – using their knowledge of various celebrations, students create their own celebration. They must determine the who, what, where, when and why associated with their celebration.
– Fact Sheets – Full colour fact pages are included for each celebration, enabling students to complete their lapbook without the need for technology.
Take a look at some of the great feedback for this resource:
“The kids are loving this!!! Can’t wait for next term to buy and complete the other celebrations packs!”
“Meshes fantastically with the Australian Curriculum. My kids LOVED the little projects”
If you liked the look of these posters, you may also like these:
— Australian Celebrations Classroom display posters
— Holidays and Celebrations Around the World Factballs and Comprehension Sheets
— Celebrations Mega Bundle – Chinese New Year, Diwali, Hanukkah
— Christmas Around the World Factballs and Comprehension Sheets
How do I assemble a lapbook?
Instructions on how to assemble a lapbook are included in this resource. All you will need is an A4 (or bigger) manilla folder and a piece of A4 card (optional).
Can I share this resources with my teaching partner?
No. This product is for personal use only. Multiple licences are available for use among more than one person.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,