Life in Colonial Australia Informative Powerpoint
Description: Designed to compliment the Australian HASS curriculum, this Powerpoint is a great way to teach content, revise student understanding and consolidate learning. Use it as a teaching aide, for individual student research or as a whole class revision activity, either way, this Powerpoint will be sure to engage your students interests in the topic as well as expand their knowledge on the life of colonial Australians prior to Federation.
Each slide contains detailed information about the topics below. Age-appropriate language is used to aide students understanding of the topic. Please note: that depending on student ability, additional resources may be required to comprehend the information included in this Powerpoint.
Topics covered in the Powerpoint include:
– Why did Britain colonise Australia?
– Life in the Colonies for both Europeans and Indigenous Australians (Food, Clothing, Work, Leisure, Accommodation, Children's lives)
– Challenges for the European settlers
– The establishment of the various colonies around Australia including the reasons for such establishments
– Settlement Impact on Australia's environment
– Significant Individuals that contributed to the colonisation of Australia
Students will interact with timelines, maps and a small writing task to gain a better understanding of the impact of European settlement in Australia and the challenges that were faced.
As a BONUS: the Powerpoint has been included in PDF form as well as Microsoft Powerpoint.
Also included in this resource is a basic Unit Plan (or lesson sequence) with website resource links to assist you in delivering the content required to complete the Life in Colonial Australia Lapbook.
Please note: This product is for personal use only.